Saturday 25 October 2008

Everything's ok

I have now completed 2 weeks, and on the whole, it's going well. My Pupil Mistress is away at the moment, so I have been following lots of different Tenants around. I think until my PM returns, it will feel a bit mini-pupillage like and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in properly. Everyone at Chambers seems really friendly and easy to get on with, and although the whole experience is effectively a year long job interview, I think its going to be an enjoyable and fulfilling year.

Also I am pleased to report that I am absolutely loving London. The place is so vibrant and interesting. I thought I'd be overawed by the vastness, but I find it fascinating. The other evening I went to the theatre after work. It's so nice to just wonder round to Covent Garden, instead of the 4 or 5 hour bus or train journey I would normally have to contend with. The only problem I have had is finding the Courts from the tube!

I know this post is pitifully short, I will post again as soon as I can.
PB

4 comments:

Android said...

Really good do hear that everything's going well! I hope that it gets even better :)

Please keep us updated if you can :)

barboy said...

Way to go, PB. The one year job interview observation is a chilling thought; best get hold some compromising photos of the head of chambers just in case. Good to read you're enjoying the smoke.

Swiss Tony said...

All the best PB. Let us know what your Mistress is like when she gets back. Never had a Mistress before but it sounds fun

Swizz

Barmaid said...

Trust Swizz to lower the tone:-)

Enjoy your year of pupillage.